Subject: [Leica] MM DNG Files from Tina test
From: jon.streeter at cox.net (jon.streeter)
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 18:16:29 -0800

Wow!  This is a great story!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

----- Reply message -----
From: "Geoff Hopkinson" <hopsternew at gmail.com>
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>
Date: Fri, Nov 23, 2012 3:52 pm

My favourite Leica story is a personal one. In 2009 I was in Solms with a
large group form the L Camera Forum. It was a Friday and Customer service
opened specially for some of us to visit (there was a local public holiday
on the Thursday and most staff were absent on the Friday). The head of the
Customer service division (Joerg Kaufmann) took us through the facilities.
At the end of the tour I asked about booking my M8 in for a slot for
upgrading. I was leaving on the Tuesday. I was taken into their private
offices upstairs and a technician called in.

Separately the technician then tracked me down and offered to check and
calibrate my 50 Summilux ASPH and my APO Summicron M 75 ASPH lenses for me
to be certain of their best performance on the upgraded M8. I had not
mentioned which lenses I have. Presumably they looked at what I had
registered with them. My 50 had developed looseness in the aperture ring
movement which was at least partly my fault. After a very quick handling he
put the lens in Herr Kaufmann's hands who immediately said "We must fix
this"
My 50 and my APO 75 were tested on their equipmw spot and the technician
found me again and said "Your lenses are good, we can make them better".

They gave me a loan M8 to shoot over the weekend,
Returned my M8 upgraded on the *next business day* with no additional
charges
Returned my lenses to me after my return to Australia via courier and at no
charge whatsoever for the work nor freight/insurance
Rang Australia while I was in transit to say that I left my Mastercard in
their machine when I departed!

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman