Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Autumn falls
From: jon.streeter at cox.net (Jon Streeter)
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 14:29:09 -0800

Just looked at this again, this time on a larger screen (laptop vs. phone).
I like the way you did NOT use flash fill for the shots of the little girl
with the waterfall in the background.  I know proponents of flash maintain a
natural look can be achieved with flash fill.  To me it nearly always looks
like the subjects have been cut out and pasted in from another photograph.
And having light in the shade balanced with bright sunlit backgrounds is NOT
natural.  Her face in the photograph is in shadow just like it was in real
life.  It looks right that way.  And in the background, the waterfall is
sparkling and brilliant.  Nicely done.