Subject: [Leica] OT: NEX-7 firmware update has important fixes
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 18:46:10 -0500

Welcome news. And did you notice that Sony moved the instant-video button on
the NEX-7 Jr, the NEX-6?

Also, they've announced a 3x telescoping "pancake" zoom for the E mount
that's only slightly longer/thicker than the 16mm prime lens. With that, the
NEX-7 with a 3x zoom might become jacket-pocketable. Although, after having
walked around multiple sites and towns for many hours over two weeks in
Provence last spring, I do like the way the camera with the weight of the
current 18-55 balances so that it dangles securely from the fingertips
curled under the grip, always at the ready. Very convenient and very handy
as one walks along. With a wrist strap, which was never actually "needed".

?howard