Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Autumn falls
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 22:04:51 +0900

For me, it recalls the fade-out to 'Fearless' on Pink Floyd's Meddle,
as the stadium crowd sing 'You'll Never Walk Alone', then chant,
'Liverpool, Liverpool...'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M23zjNrG9M

Peter

Because its best-known rendition is not the R&H version but the 1963
recording of the song by Liverpool band Gerry & The Pacemakers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You'll_Never_Walk_Alone

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu
http://www.greatpix.eu

YNWA

On Nov 25, 2012, at 10:43 AM, Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:

> I have always wondered - of all things how did a Rodgers and
> Hammerstein
> showbiz tune from a feelgood musical like Carousel become the anthem
> of
> football fans from a city like Liverpool, of all the places?
> Cheers
> Jayanand
>
> On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 2:33 PM, Nathan Wajsman
> <photo at frozenlight.eu>wrote:
>
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> Yes, that one. Priceless.
>>
>> YNWA = You Never Walk Alone
>>
>> I have been a Liverpool FC supporter since I was 12 years old.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Nathan
>>
>> Nathan Wajsman
>> Alicante, Spain
>> http://www.frozenlight.eu
>> http://www.greatpix.eu
>> Blog: http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/
>>

>> YNWA
>>

>> On Nov 25, 2012, at 9:32 AM, Peter Cheyne wrote:
>>
>>> This one, Nathan?
>>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/geordiepete/8212160970/in/photostream/lightbox/
>>> My little lad's called Angus, after his dad's dad's dad.
>>> Cheers,
>>> Peter

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] IMGs: Autumn falls)