Subject: [Leica] [PAW] IMG: Flower Girls
From: jon.streeter at cox.net (jon.streeter)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 09:09:48 -0800

I'm glad some have pinned down which is better, color or b&w.  I've been at
this since childhood, and I can't see how it's possible to choose.  I do
some of my digital files in both, and the closest I can come to a ruling on
the issue is that both look good and one is in color and the other is in
black and white.   The color ones have better color.  The black-and-white
ones emphasize shape and texture, etc.

Wouldn't a color portrait of Lincoln or color photographs of the Civil War
era be fun to stumble across? And, again, how many of us have walked out of
the Getty Museum, shaking our heads and saying, Well, those were nice
paintings, but they'd have been better in black and white?  And yet when I
think of my favorite photographs, mine and others', almost all of my
favorites are in b&w.
I love the color aspect of Tina's photographs.   And when I see her b&w
photographs of the same culture, I love those too.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone