Subject: [Leica] hands, one old & one new
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 21:21:55 -0800

On Nov 27, 2012, at 8:26 AM, tedgrant at shaw.ca wrote:

> Steve Barbour SHOWED:
> Subject: [Leica] hands, one old & one new
>

> Hi Steve,
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW2012/cheers.jpg.html
>
> HANDS!  !!!!!!!
> How visually powerful! Looking at the male hand on the left creates a
> sense of "Oh those knuckles must hurt something  awful at times!!!"  :-(
> Almost a wonder the fellow can hold the glass. A photograph an Arthritis
> organization could use in fund raising and or plain old fashion looking
> after oneself!
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW2012/hands+copy.jpg.html
> HANDS #2:
> I can say the number of "hand in hand" photos, a countless number I've
> seen over the years! I don't think I've ever seen one as powerful and
> story telling as this ring and hands clasped! Amazing!
>
> An  absolutely powerful award winning photo! I would say if ever you enter
> a photograph in  a competition this one would be first on the list!
>
> I have shot hands several times over the years in similar style. But mine
> "absolutely pale compared to this!" It pops on screen and grabs you
> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WOW!!!!!!!!!
>
> Absolutely "GOOD ON YOU MY FRIEND!" You certainly win the "Gold Ring" with
> this photograph! :-)
>
> cheers,
> ted

hands 2, made yesterday, I think illustrates what you have often said about
seeing, wow, in your gut, click....no delay and in a situation where it was
totally unexpected, caught me by surprise,  a group of Alzheimer afflicted
people, involved two people who barely knew each other. My camera leapt to
my eye and clicked so fast, that at first it hesitated, I was sure I was
going to lose the shot.

thanks Ted for inspiring all of us,

Steve