Subject: [Leica] IMG: Chicken Yard 1943, for Tina
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 05:04:10 -0500

Classic feel of the depression era photographs, proud people in by modern
standards not so proud circumstances.  Thanks for sharing.

If anyone drops by Texas near Austin one of the county seats celebrates
Tomatoes.  It seems one of the local youngsters doing her part started
tomato clubs to grow tomatoes.  Like the chickens in Jim's photograph the
idea was that they were easy to raise and good for the effort.  This young
lady started with an acre of tomatoes; only in Texas.