Subject: [Leica] Subject: Re: Fuji X 100 versus Leica M9
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 12:22:32 -0800

No offense to Tina, for every stock photographer that makes money with
Leica, there are 10 billions that use Canikon.

For every photojournalist that cut their teeth with a Leica M3 or M6, there
are gazillions that use Nikanon.

You count all the photos hanging on galleries or all the stock photos right
now, most of them are not done with Leica equipments.

A Leica M 240 will not do any good in the hands of someone who does not
understand the light and composition, bokeh be damn.

Me? The M9 is my go to camera. For other people, who am I to tell them that
my set of 'luxes are the finest picture taking lens ever. Well, at least
for dinky 35mm size.

Chances are I will pick up a 4x5 to go with my 617 at some point and my
$500 lens will eat the lunch off the $10,000 Noctilux...