Subject: [Leica] Subject: Re: Fuji X 100 versus Leica M9
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 15:25:52 -0600

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 11:38 AM, jon.streeter <jon.streeter at cox.net>
wrote:

> A friend of mine told me in the '70s that art directors didn't take
> photographers seriously unless they were shooting with Nikons, Hasselblads,
> and a few other well-known brands.  I never worked with an art director, so
> I took his word for it.

I had a magazine assignment several years ago at a nature garden, and I
shot loads of stuff with my Leicas.  On the way out of the park, I saw a
shot,  grabbed my Panasonic Likaleica went down the hill and grabbed a
snapshot.   Guess what the art director chose from the several hundred
images for the magazine cover?

--
Regards,

Sonny