Subject: [Leica] Leica in the LUG/ AF
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:10:21 +0530

I have had no problems with my Nikons or Fujis or Panasonics as far as
autofocus is concerned. They all routinely, for the most part come up
sharp, provided, as far as DSLRs are concerned, the lens is stopped down a
bit and a fast enough shutter speed is chosen - fot the D800E, I routinely
shoot at 3x of focal length. I find it very difficult to manually focus M
lenses any more wide open on my M3, and find it even worse than impossible
on third party bodies with adapters (yes, I still have half a dozen of them
gathering dust!) - after all, if I do not shoot them wide open or
thereabouts, why pay the premium for Leica lenses? I suppose, as I keep
mentioning time again, just a matter of where each individual's comfort
level lies.
Cheers
Jayanand