Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PADs 27-28 November 2012: Paris with my toy camera
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 23:10:07 +0100

I just got back from a couple of days in Paris. It was a business trip, so
not many pictures, but here is an amuse-bouche from Tuesday and Wednesday
nights.

Tuesday, November 27th:

I arrived in Paris Tuesday evening, made my way from Orly to the city.
Walking to my hotel from the RER station:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=2244355717&k=ns4CGhj&lb=1&s=O

I met up with Tarek on Place Saint Michel, from where we walked to a beer
bar. Tarek had some difficulties with the new Apple maps:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=2244356145&k=KBGLzJd&lb=1&s=O

We did find the bar, for some reason it was called the Mayflower, but never
mind, it had lots of good Belgian beers on tap, including Tripel Karmeliet
and Delirium Tremens. All were served in regular UK half pint and pint
glasses, a really strange experience:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=2244356514&k=nBjqsLK&lb=1&s=O

After a few hours of this, we hit the metro and went to our respective homes
(in my case, a dumpy Best Western hotel):
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=2244356784&k=N6tRNkr&lb=1&s=O

Wednesday, November 28th:
I spent all day in an OECD conference room, and making a presentation to a
heavyweight audience with a hangover is no fun. But I survived, and in the
evening I went out for dinner with a group of economists from the US,
Europe, Canana, the UK. Afterwards, while walking to the metro to go back to
my hotel, I spotted this nice couple of Avenue Victor Hugo:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=2244357843&k=J2XjNpf&lb=1&s=O

And then I took the metro from Charles de Gaulle-Etoile, walked to my hotel
in the rain at the other end, and hit the bed.

Paris is magic.

All pictures with the Fuji X100 toy camera.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain