Subject: [Leica] IMG: Border Terrier low light resolution test
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 01:17:40 -0800

Wife says, "You have to see what she did."  Grabbed camera. Tiptoed to
dark living room, lit with only one blub.  This is what I saw:
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at N04/8231023549/>
OM-D E-M5 with the Panny 20mm f/1.7, wide open, 1/60, ISO 3200. Object
in picture was darker than it appears, but just as cute.

(Note:  Next two links are big, about 1.3 MB.)

Then I did a B&W conversion, and optimized things a bit.  Here it is at
50%, so it approximates what you'd see in a nice big print.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/337070-1/PB290136-50pct.jpg>

And just the face at 100%:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/337073-1/PB290136-100pct.JPG>

Sharp enough?  I think so.  I used about half Capture One's default
luminance noise reduction, which seemed to be the sweet spot between
keeping detail and getting rid of noise that would matter in a
decent-sized print.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMG: Border Terrier low light resolution test)
Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] IMG: Border Terrier low light resolution test)