Subject: [Leica] My M8 makes me happy
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 16:22:34 +0100

Hi Luggers,I've carefully read most of the numerous posts about Leica (un)
reliability, the M8 and M9 being specifically pointed out. This sure is
worrying. I'm among those of you who would have a hard time replacing a body
that costs a small fortune. BUT I would also like to point out two facts:-
so far, my M8 has done an excellent job. I've had it sent to Solms because
someone dropped it and it needed to be checked. I've shot about 8 000
pictures, not a whole lot, but the pictures are thumbs ump technically- in
the photo club I'm a member of people say they are able to make out my
pictures from theirs because of the colour, the atmosphere, the specific
Leica imprint that's immediately recognizable. And I can tell you they use
what's considered as the best on the market!So, please, let's not be too
pessimistic about Leica technology! I guess they've had a hard time
adjusting to digital but are totally ready now to start leading the market
again ... if only they were a bit more affordable!Jean-Michel