Subject: [Leica] Comparison of DMR to Nikon D800E
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 21:25:27 +0530

Frank,
I have never seen DMR vs D800, but I have come across a few S2 vs D800.
Here is one:

http://blog.mingthein.com/2012/05/05/an-unfair-fight-nikon-d800e-vs-leica-s2-p/

Another I have seen is by Lloyd Chambers (diglloyd), but that is a paid
site. He did a comparison of Nikon D800 (not D800E) + Zeiss 100mm f2 Makro
Planar to the Leica S2 + 120mm f2.5 Macro-Summarit-S. His conclusions are
very firmly on the side of the D800, even more so than Ming Thein's
conclusions. If you check out his blog/free articles you might find some
info on this. Here is a sample:

http://diglloyd.com/blog/2012/20120407_5-LeicaS2-vs-NikonD800-reader-comments.html

Disclaimer: Whether you want to agree with these conclusions or not is up
to you. I have no idea given that I have not even seen a S2 in the flesh!
(-:

Cheers
Jayanand