Subject: [Leica] Big thick ND filters......
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 22:55:04 -0800

I am interested in slowing down things, a lot.  I had picked out a 10 stop
ND filter, then did a bit more research, where I found this tidbit...(
though it is for a 6 stop reduction)

"This B+W Neutral Density Filter reduces the light by six f-stops. With this
filter and without changing the f-stop, a shutter speed of 1/60 s is changed
to a full second, thus requiring the use of a tripod. Flowing water is
rendered as flowing in the photo, and people moving in streets are dissolved
in unsharpness or become invisible. Because of its higher transmission in
the red beyond 660 nm, this filter brings a slightly warm tone to color
photographs. If this effect is undesirable, a B+W UV-/IR-Blocking Filter 486
in front of the neutral density filter (not behind it) remedies that
situation. The filter factor is 64x."

Has anyone ever heard of a ND filter of this strength being a bit warm
toned?

Frank Filippone

Red735i at verizon.net

Replies: Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Big thick ND filters......)