Subject: [Leica] Tree Falling
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 11:10:33 -0600

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 12:26 AM, Nathan Wajsman <photo at
frozenlight.eu>wrote:

> I like your view and the photos, but I cannot help thinking that it is
> frivolous to cut down such magnificent trees just for the sake of view...

Kinda depends on how you LOOK at it.  Good forest management does require
some thinning.

An interesting aside is that the forest service here has taken your view,
Nathan, and resisted cutting for those purposes.

As a result, all of the "Overviews" in Kisatchie National Forest now see
the sides of trees, pretty much what you can see from any road in the
forest.

When I was a kid, Kisatchie was a sight-seeing destination in Louisiana.
Nowadays not so much.

Maybe it is a sign of the times that people just don't do that anymore, or
maybe there are no real breath-taking views out there anymore.

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com/look/