Subject: [Leica] Street shooting in London
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 06:31:32 +0000

Any type of location where terrorists have planted bombs is sensitive. That
means airports and stations mainly. You do -not- need a permit to take
pictures in public places, just sensitive places.
I have been taking pictures in London for 40 odd years and have never been
stopped, though notices in airports and stations usually alert people to the
fact that photography is not permitted.
Some privately owned shopping malls do not permit photography.
I suppose if you blocked a busy pavement with a tripod you may have a
problem, more likely from an angry pedestrian than the authorities though...
Other than that I have never had a problem.
Have a great time in London. My advice is to eat "off the beaten track",
restaurants in busy touristy areas tend to be mediocre and expensive - they
don't need repeat custom...
cheers,
Frank