Subject: [Leica] Technical problem--suggestions?
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 21:40:20 -0800

I think Jim is right.... the negative is showing that it is "rotated".  The
right edge of the previous neg is higher than the starting edge of the next
frame.

The only way this can happen is if the film spool and the takeup spool are
not aligned......

try pushing the film cassette up, and or the takeup spool up.  Once you
figure out which is causing the problem, it should be an easy permanent fix.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

Jim,

As I see it, the film is riding too low as it passes the exposure opening.
I would try a shim on the cartridge end, to raise the cartridge, and be sure
that the takeup spool is pushed all of the way up when it is inserted.  My
IIIa is packed away, but that is the way I recall the mechanism.

I'm not sure that cartridge spool dimensions are the same as they once were.

Jim Nichols

> Shooting with my recently rehabbed Leica iiib, and love it!
>
> Unfortunately, it had (and has) an issue with frame placement-namely that
> the frame image is gapping by the top perforations, and descending into
> the
> lower perforations.  Illustration here:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/focusit/samples+with+perforation+bleeds.jpg
.html