Subject: [Leica] How do limited edition digital prints work?
From: lew1716 at gmail.com (Lew Schwartz)
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 01:19:42 -0500

This is handled by a contractual agreement entered into by the artist and
the buyer (don't forget that some digital art can be reproduced by anybody)
and is part of the purchase agreement. The work also has to be defined and
need not be limited to a single frame (eg some frames are very similar and
the high dynamic range stuff may be composites of many frames). The
agreement is given to the buyer in written form and the artist (or his rep)
keeps another in the archive together with a master copy of the work
itself. These agreements frequently specify what will be done if the work
is damaged or destroyed. You can see how some of these ideas can apply to
non-digital art as well.