Subject: [Leica] IMG: Power stroke AND MORE!!!!!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 15:05:10 -0800

Doug Herr OFFERED:
Subject: Re: [Leica] IMG: Power stroke

> Thanks all for your comments.  Looking at the duck's wingtips all I can
> think of is how amazing feathers are.

Hi Doug,
But that's what magnifies your ability in manual handling a lens this
length! The mental aspects that must all work in amazing synchronization
driving the eye and two hands at precisely the exact moment! ....... One
focusing the lens, the other, hand / finger reaction to trip the shutter at
exactly the right moment! While your mind - brain is sending signals to each
making them all work in unison to what the eye is seeing! "CLICK!"

Now that's what makes this particular photograph quite amazing!  "HUMAN
LIGHTENING RE-ACTION!"

And those are the elements that sorts Doug out from all the other so called
"wild-life" photographers you read about!

This particular photograph points up once again, the ABSOLUTE lack of
intelligence of the LEICA marketing staff! They should have Doug on contract
of some kind, marketing their equipment simply because he is without peers!
A most amazing  wildlife photographer!!

If my praise seems slightly over done by some of you? Certainly anyone who
has never handled a 560mm slide barrel Leica lens. I have no doubt you would
be more than surprised, even amazed even more so at Doug's dexterity in
making this photograph and many others we've enjoyed seeing over the years!

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

.