Subject: [Leica] I finally give in....
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 23:18:33 +0000

After years of saying "No" to going digital I have finally given in, gone out
and bought myself a digital camera. Sorry that is, my wife generously gave me
same for Christmas!

Why? My local film stockists are stocking film less and less and the cost of
using and developing C41 is getting more and more expensive and delays are
inevitably incurred between taking the picture and seeing it and they are
getting longer. A little back-of-the-envelope-calculation showed mr that for
what I was spending in film and developing each year...

But no, I didn't buy a Leica. They have just got too expensive and I don't
have
the budget to run to one plus lenses. Instead I bought a Fuji XPro 1,
because I
can buy (and have bought) an adaptor for my M glass and have got a reasonable
zoom with it all for relatively little outlay. OK it wasn't brand new but
still.
Sorry Leica, but if you will pursue the luxury brand market....

I hope I wont be banned from the LUG for this! ;-)

Happy New Year guys,

Peter

PS I still plan to use my M3 and IIIf from time to time, though!
--

Dr Peter Dzwig

Replies: Reply from bjq1 at mac.com (Bernard Quinn) ([Leica] I finally give in....)
Reply from gerry.walden at me.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] I finally give in....)