Subject: [Leica] OT: I-pad user's experience welcome
From: hartzell at alerce.com (George Hartzell)
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 14:05:14 -0800

philippe.amard writes:
 > thanks Jayanand
 >
 > Girls will be girls ;-)
 >
 > Her main concern was weight, she says, and being fed up carrying her
 > office laptop with short battery life on her errands.
 >
 > Remember I had written "presumably" ...
 >
 > Well, anyway, that's 3 for Pages :-)

Is she going to be doing "word processing" (in which case something
like Pages or [sigh] Documents To Go would make sense.

If she's going to *write* (words, sentences, paragraphs, chapters,
books) then she should look at

  ByWord http://bywordapp.com/
  IAWriter http://informationarchitects.net/blog/writer-for-ipad/
  WriteRoom http://www.hogbaysoftware.com/products/writeroom/

There's also a bunch of simple text editors (e.g. Elements) that use
Dropbox to store their files, I use Elements to jot notes that I like
to have available across my devices (e.g. my cocktail recipes...).

She's probably get a lot out of listening to the "iPad Productivity
Kit" episode of Mac Power Users

   http://5by5.tv/mpu/94

or at least just clicking down the links in the show notes.

g.