Subject: [Leica] IMG: Grecian Urn
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 21:38:03 -0500

> PESO:
>
> My husband bought this supposedly Grecian Urn with angels and rams,
> bronze,
> on Craig's List.  It's about 4 feet tall.  I wondered if anybody had seen
> anything like it?

> You can see on the detail why he bought it:

> It's now sitting by my front door waiting for a plant. With long draping
> leaves.
>
> Made in China or antique?

Well at least he had more than one reason to buy it. Nice urn. Can't say
if its antique, but sometimes the Chinese things have labels on the
bottom. I found on on a stool Helen had bought as an antique once ;-)

Try agapanthas. Need little watering, drape nicely and never seem to die.
Quite pretty flowers as well

Alastair

Replies: Reply from john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] IMG: Grecian Urn)