Subject: [Leica] Four more
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 18:42:00 -0500

> Waiting for dinner
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/L1027544BN.jpg.html>
> M8, Summilux 50

Very contrasty image. I like the almost silhouette character with the
light playing on the lips and face, but its a bit too contrasty for me and
the half corpse in white distracts from the main subject.

> Olympic Stadium (Barcelona)
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/L1027496_1BN.jpg.html>
> M8, Elmarit 24mm Asph

Ok, but does not really open up a story or create enough drama to be a
'graphic' image for me

> Carrer Santa Anna
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/L1027474BN.jpg.html>
> M8, Summilux 35 pre asph
>
> Dance
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/L1026847BN.jpg.html>
> M8, Summilux 75mm

I love the way you use the background to tie in with so many of your
shots, and you clearly like to use them to create humour and give some
character to the subject. The first one gives such dramatic tension to the
image with the 'man' pulling away from the smoking lady. Great. In the
second, there is the hint of her hands dancing to really make a great
shot, but she is too peripheral IMO to quite 'pull it off'.

Nice series

Alastair

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Four more)