Subject: [Leica] The new M (240)
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 07:13:40 +1000

John I suspect that the firmware is still being fine tuned and they would
like to avoid analysis and premature conclusions based on beta versions.
That was the case with beta firmware for the M9. I saw the web versions of
those JPGs you linked too. I don't know their story except that the claimed
author appears to be  real person and have legitimate connections, if bad
judgement ;-) I suspect that his tester career is over. They don't look
like an "official leak" and I presume that he has breached his NDA. He says
that his test cameras can only produce JPGs. That itself suggests a
prototype status. As shown they were very poor examples and the sensor
cover glass was in need of a clean too. I doubt imagine that Leica Camera
are pleased (assuming they are genuine).
I would imagine that the first DNGs will be minutely dissected/compared
when available. Some of the blogosphere will no doubt be champing at the
bit. Some known high profile testers have mentioned seeing files but are
careful to properly observe their tester agreements as is appropriate.
Those people, I look forward to reading reports from.
My camera is on order anyway. I

*If you want to take more interesting pictures,
stand in front of more interesting stuff* -- Joe McNally

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman