Subject: [Leica] Fuji XE-1 and 18-55 zoom (hi-jacked thread)
From: craig at craigschroeder.com (Craig Schroeder)
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 17:34:46 -0600

I recently got the same combo and have been pleased, too. I'm still
catching onto its quirks.... I got the adapters for other lenses (Contax
G and Konica AR) but no M adapter yet. Certain optics seem to blend well
with the body/sensor but I really have such limited testing done with
other current distractions that I haven't quite sorted out why some
things seem to coordinate well. The Zeiss 90 works very well and 45 not
so much while my 28 has too much mechanical toward the sensor to mount
but the 21 (I don't own one to try) is supposed to work.

My 57 ?1.2 Konica has always been a favorite 35 optic but the initial
results are so-so while the cheapie 40mm pancake lens (?1.8) never
excited me on film (sharp enough but a bit flat in contrast) gave what
seems to be excellent results. I was hoping for good results with this
fast glass (the ?1.2) and the low-light abilities of the sensor so feel
a bit let down so far. Has anyone gotten an M adapter? I'll fill in any
information that others don't offer when I get mine.

FWIW, the sensor really does strike me as more film-like in tonal range
than I'm accustomed to (mostly Nikon) and initial toying with the b&w
modes seems promising. The 18-55 is a surprisingly solid performer and
at least at this point, I don't see a compelling reason to substitute
film lenses within the range. Maybe flat-field macro and long lenses...?
Anyway, it's a great new toy and it will keep me occupied for some time.