Subject: [Leica] now Leica USERS - George L.
From: cedric.agie at gmail.com (Cedric Agie)
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 21:21:21 +0100

In my case photography is a family affair on both sides and from the
beginning of its history. I developped and printed my first (contact)
prints at the age of 7. A friend at school had his father working at
the Gevaert/Agfa factory in Antwerp, so I got booklets, paper and
chemicals for free. After a small twin lens box camera I still have, I
started with 2 Minolta reflex cameras and several lenses. Soon after I
discoverd the first Rollei Computer flash systhem, the two of them
(with new batteries) are still working!  At the age of 20 I got bitten
by the Leitz and Leica systhem; first a Leica IIIF and a (never used)
Leica II in pristine state. A Focomat IC soon followed. Not to speak
of the family bathroom for the children being often converted to a B&W
and color darkroom, wich enraged my brothers and sisters who had to
retreat to our parent's bathroom.

Years later, after one of my 2 Minoltas collapsed a few days before a
wedding, I switched to Leica M and Leicaflex SL.
Several M's followed over the years, M5, M-4s, M4-2,M-6, M-7 and
recently a wonderfull M-9 wich I soon installed on the famous Leitz
slide copyrig gear, Visoflex I and III. Recently I bought 2 brand new
R-8 for almost nothing. I'm sure sooner or later I will find myself a
DMR. I can even put early made (bayonnet) Summaron 35mm 2.8 and Elmar
50mm 2.8  on my M-9 with astonishing results

And not to speak of all the other Leica, Leicaflex Sl, R and Leica
lenses going from 21 up to 400 mm and an identical history with
Hasselblad, i.e. 2x 500CM and a 500ELM.

Years ago I inevitably became a professor of optics and photograpy. I
still use my Leitz enlargers (Focomat IC&IIC and V-35). I don't
despise digital photography, at the contrary, but from my experience
it are the optics that count. With the exception of the 2 screw lens
Leicas, the 2 Minoltas and a Rolleighflex I hated to use because of
its fuzzy viewing systhem, I never sold a lens or a camera.

Dont think I despise the other brands. Again it is the final print
that counts, not the many words I regularly hear and read.

I'am also a happy man because my son (age 18) soon (at 7) showed he
has photographers eyes and brains without any help or intervention
from my part.

Kind regards.

Cedric Agie
Brussels