Subject: [Leica] Untitled
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 04:34:44 -0500

The writing has been on the wall for a long time that the market for a
manual focus SLR system was not there. Putting money into it was like
throwing money right out the window. Leica is not here to fulfill the
personal whims of the handful of people still interested in a manual focus
SLR or DSLR system. Leica is there to stay in business and make money . The
days of throwing money out the window are over. Companies have to make
products which sell.
The S system is going to sell. And its going to help put Leica back in a
very strong position. A position of the camera company making the best
camera.  And the S is in many ways the best camera for many applications.
Things people used use a Hasselblad for. And still do.  But not for long. I
think the Digital Leica M and Monochrom will also thought of as "best
cameras" for plenty of applications not the same applications as the S
system.
Its not about you Marc. Its about a company that's back in the black and
doing well very much because its not listening to this kind of nonsense from
a small handful of loud egocentric crackpots..... Maintaining camera systems
which just don't sell.