Subject: [Leica] Mylapore Festival - Bharatanatyam
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 23:31:11 +0530

The Mylapore Festival is a street festival held in Chennai during Pongal,
the major harvest festival of this part of India, and a celebratory one at
that. On a photographic foray during the festival, I suddenly found myself
in a theatre, photographing a performance of the premier dance form of
South India, called Bharatanatyam.This was the first time in my life that I
had attempted to photograph dance of any stripe. It took me some time to
fine tune the exposure, but after that enjoyed myself quite a bit. Here are
some shots - all taken with the Nikon D800E and the AFS 85mm f1.8G -
because of the limited reach of the lens, the photographs are all cropped:

Solo:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/MylaFest_20130113_439.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/MylaFest_20130113_630.jpg.html

Duet:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/MylaFest_20130113_513.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/MylaFest_20130113_544.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/MylaFest_20130113_544.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/MylaFest_20130113_711.jpg.html

Please see LARGE

Comments and criticism, as ever, welcome.

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from leica at jayburleson.com (Jay Burleson) ([Leica] Mylapore Festival - Bharatanatyam)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Mylapore Festival - Bharatanatyam)