Subject: [Leica] OT - Capture One Part 2
From: gerry.walden at me.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 19:04:55 +0000

Jayanand

I have now had half an hour playing with X-Pro1 images in C1V7.0.2 and can
say that it is making a fine job of them, probably better than LR. The good
thing is that it is reading all the .dng files I have converted in LR (C1
never used to do this) and is offering good dynamic range for those and for
.raf files. I have also had a look at other files from Panasonic and Olympus
cameras I was using early last year and they are very good too.

It is not LR in as much as it is not as good for keywording etc. nor is it
quite so intuitive, but it does have tremendous attributes in other areas
such as distortion control etc. When I use C1 I tend to use Photo Mechanic
for keywording etc. Media Pro is recommended but so far I have been unable
to get my brain around it!

I do not think you will be disappointed if you trial it, but there is a
learning curve involved.

Gerry

Gerry Walden
+44 (0)23 8046 3076 or