Subject: [Leica] Ebay dangers
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 14:23:24 -0500

I'm a bit hesitant to transact a lot of money on ebay these days.

Fortunately, most of my big money deals have been to people that I know,
or have done business with.

For buying, I haven't bought any expensive item on ebay in a long time.
The prices at the established dealers are more than fair, and they stand
behind their business.

For selling, that's harder, but I've had good luck (knock on wood) on
the photography sites that I belong to (e.g rangefinderforum, large
format forum, here).

As a last resort, I'll go to ebay, and cross my fingers.  I assume 99%
of people there are honest.  And hope the last 1% aren't interested in
what I have.

regards
Vick