Subject: [Leica] Ebay dangers
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 16:09:07 -0800

Luis.. a short answer....

The buyer sends you a box of oatmeal.  You bought a M9.
You complain to Ebay and Paypal.
They ask the seller to prove you received a package.
The Post Office supplies delivery proof.
EBay and PayPal therefore assume the M9 was in the box.  You got the box,
therefore there is no reason to return your money.
They side with the seller.
Proof is on you to prove otherwise.  How do you prove you did not receive
the right merchandise in the box?
So they say.... return the M9 to the seller and we will give you back your
money.
You return the oatmeal in the box.
The seller states ( correctly this time) that there was oatmeal in the box,
not the M9.
You lose again.  You get nothing.

That is the problem.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

I can't understand which are the reasons to be not confident in our days
with transactions by Paypal, as well as buyer or seller. If someone can
explain me why ... it will be interesting for all of us.

David, if you have do your transaction with Paypal, if the item was signaled
as "This item is protected ...", if you have put the claims on time and you
keep the proves ..., in my experience Paypal solve a case very fas.

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Ebay dangers)
Message from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Ebay dangers)