Subject: [Leica] Canon WX260 demonstration
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 00:41:49 +0000

I tried CHDK on a Canon (SD870?) a few years back, I always got noise I
suspect due to very small sensor despite shooting raw. Still in my laptop
bag but not been used in a couple of years...

john

I believe I wrote last week about getting this Canon P&S that had manual,
shutter speed preferred, aperture preferred, and exposure compensation, all
handy from the spinning wheel on the back. And also, about a S/W hack that
enables downloading DNG. Here is an album of some varied shots, all
processed in LR4. It's obviously "no Like-a". But the resolution is better
than I expected. However, if you look large, you'll see a graininess that
looks like noise, even on the ones at ISO 100. However, what I don't
understand is that the various noise reduction sliders in LR have zero
effect on that, zilch.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/CanonTrial/

Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org