Subject: [Leica] Ebay dangers
From: davidhhching1 at yahoo.com.sg (David Ching)
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 08:38:07 +0630

Was well aware of potential fraud and my few emails seem with the seller
seem innocuous enough. He claimed to be a doctor working in both Germany and
Italy.

PayPal has a Buyer Protection scheme that covers a fixed period of time for
buyers and sellers to seek for resolution should the transaction turn sour.
My case is now being investigated by PayPal and the seller hasn't responded
after almost a week. In many cases, most fraudsters don't. They hope that
buyers are ignorant of the process.

The main weakness of PayPal's system is the timeline, especially for
overseas deals when shipping takes a longer time. So buyers have to act
firmly if they suspect something's amiss and seek for a resolution without
delay.

Being an international arbitrator, I understand the processes involved in
dispute resolutions. PayPal's system has its inherent strengths and
weaknesses. However I note that PayPal constantly revises it and usually the
reps calls the buyer if big transactions are carried out. This time it
didn't though my call to the attending PayPal personnel in Singapore was
very well trained.

David Ching

Replies: Reply from jkfyao at gmail.com (Joseph Yao) ([Leica] Ebay dangers)
Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] Ebay dangers)