Subject: [Leica] How long 'till you get that new M-240?
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 08:15:32 +0000

I would hope those things would be found in the beta testing. The M9 did not
have any changes until the M9-P and the Monochrom has had no changes
(including firmware) since its August release - hopefully the M (240) launch
will be as smooth....

Also signing up now (with most dealers) will mean that there are a few
people in front of you. My NZ dealer has half a dozen orders and this is in
a small/poor country which has three Leica dealers.

john

Lets not forget that we want to make sure we be carful what we wish for.
Traditionally In a huge amount of instances getting the very first batches
of a run of a camera cab be nothing short of disastrous. Its perhaps I bit
better to lay back and let nature take its course in a natural way. In other
words don't rush it. There is a very good chance they'll have to make some
changes in the early run. Let them figure it out before you get yours.
It was only in the past very few decades that pros got the Nikon and Canon
first outs they'd sit back and wait a bit like I'm saying before rushing in
and getting a lemon. Let the dentists get the first outs till they get it
right. Later that was not the case as much.
I'm sure the M and Monochrom are going to be huge successes. But perhaps we
should give them a month to get it totally figured out first?
Maybe sign up but don't try to pull any strings.

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] How long 'till you get that new M-240?)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] How long 'till you get that new M-240?)