Subject: [Leica] a modest contribution to the best way to beat eBay
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 04:09:44 -0500

I like using a 60mm too its on my camera now and has been for a week. Last
week I posted some of the results.
But for all around use you can back up and hit a wall. Or go over a cliff.
I'd love to have the 35 or 28 or wider in the bag with me if I'm out and
somebody expects me to come home with the shot and I'm not sure what I'll be
getting myself into when I'm doing the thing.

I drop my featherweight and compact and cheap and sharp 50mm 1.8 in the
bottom of my bag for reach. Its my long lens with some grabbing power as I
and most people do to be spending most of the time out shooting with a wide
or wide zoom.
Hell by far the most popular lens now with Pj's and street shooters are not
wide zooms but ultra wide zooms. I think for a reason. They just get the
shot.
 A 14-24 or a 16-35.

That does not mean you cant decide that a 50 is the most "useful" lens "for
you". I'd just not shoot myself in the foot.
Keep the 35. Its not a bad thing to have in some closet somewhere.

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photography

Replies: Reply from john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] a modest contribution to the best way to beat eBay)