Subject: [Leica] Is 35 the Current 50?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 20:29:09 -0500

I think it has now Bob. I think they can correct the hell out of a 35mm lens
now.  They do it in their sleep.
43 - 35  = 8
50 - 43  = 7

They are a millimeter away from each other in being the same diff from being
normal. Normal being 43. Its just that the 35 is going to be retrofocal. A
tele lens looked through from the wrong direction. But we have computers now
and asph glass so that's a no brainer for those guys.

I have a Summicron asph but for my Nikons I don't have a decent 35. A damn
shame for me that may change soon.

My first lens which I still have was not a 50 its was the 45mm 2.8 G lens.
I now often used the Cosina version make for Nikon with Nikon on it P lens.
Which hurts your fingers like a mother when you focus it but its good pain.
Keeps you sharp. You cant used the lens with globs. Maybe rubber globs.