Subject: [Leica] Lonely Tree
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 20:50:32 -0800

Hi Herb,
I didn't see the wires in the first image and they completely turn this into
a "File 13 waste basket image not worth spending time on!" :-( The time to
remove the wires is better having a single malt Scotch and relaxing for an
hour or so!

Pardon me for being so blunt! But quite simply? Why waste time trying to
make a sow's ear out of a pigs butt?

I think the bottom line is..... "As you looked on the scene with the trees
on either side, you only saw a single tree in the middle! OBVIOUSLY IT
STANDS OUT IN THAT FASHION! That's life and we have all done that in some
variation or other in similar scene situations. But the crossing hydro
lines/wires would've killed the shot right away on first look before you
went "click!"!

Sorry to put you through all this, particularly because the photo title led
me to believe and without looking in-depth............. it was supposed to
be a "single tree?" Of course the photo title creating a situation for me to
see all the trees and not notice the wires. :-(

Which goes to show, sometimes we don't look as close as we should before
commenting or critiquing? Titles can quite often lead us astray! :-(

cheers,
ted