Subject: [Leica] OT: Nikon comparison... D800E and D600
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 23:25:24 -0500

Its just that tripods and assortment of lens and national parks  that's just
sound likes serious landscape work to me. The people most likely to go big
are the landscape guys. Hense the film days they were shooing medium format.
Or large format.
So that fact that you can get larger format quality using your existing 35mm
glass  with a camera which looks like and is a 35mm DSLR and pay only 3
grand for the camera instead of 2 it sounds like a sure D800 deal to me.
Unless you've got your camera on a tripod shooting the Half Dome so you can
post a little picture on the internet. And you just hope nobody sees it and
asks you to hang a show.