Subject: [Leica] motorycycle show NYC----cropped
From: lmdmd at att.net (Leland Deane)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 04:19:15 -0800 (PST)

Mark,

Very well said!! I agree completely. Next time, I'll hold back a little
before
submitting.

Leland

But you have to make a commitment to your own images.
Going from obviously too loose to obviously too tight doesn't tell us
anything.

Full frame was great when you filed out your negative carriers and got black
borders. Any cropping and you lost those borders. That's where the no crop
ethic came from if you ask me. I was there.
Now you can put black borders if you want on a any pic after you've cropped
it more carefully. Its looking like the "no crop" ethic has flown by the
wayside now that the digital thing has hit.  Most everybody crops like crazy
now. Its rare to crop perfectly in camera.
If your working you're just cropping before the picture editor gets their
hands on it and crops it right down to the nib.
The idea down the line is to look at the picture carefully and crop it to
perfection before we see anything. Showing us your process is a mixed bag as
you kind of ruin the strong effect when you get it right in the end.
I'm talking down the line. One step at a time. Its all really very
exciting.!!!