Subject: [Leica] OT: Nikon comparison... D800E and D600
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 22:28:05 -0500

As you say the D3 is old news and certainly not an obvious choice for a pro
or I don't know who else.
I think the issue as to who would use the D4 and why and for what is an
interesting one as I do think it has its definite market share mind an
workflo set and I'd like to know what it is.
For most and at this exact point in time for me that fact that the D4 cost 6
grand and the D800 half that few are not all that interested in a
comparative feature study. They're going with the 3 grand.
Less money for more Mp's a no brainer.
But it is a more complicated issue than that and for someone who really did
have 6 grand in the bank or who was getting that amount in a windfall or who
was willing to finance that amount as the photography thing was more than a
passing fancy than there is a real issue:
D4 or D800/e?
And I'm looking into it.

A quick  " Nikon D4 vs. D800" search turns up a cornucopia of interesting
opinions; many for us semi Dyslexics are in video form. I'm sure some are a
Powerpoint Presentation. Some a podcast audio. Some a set of flash cards.
And I'm going in a minute to one of those direct comparison of feature
things that are available. Perhaps on the Nikon site.