Subject: [Leica] Good Article on Print Pricing
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 07:42:10 -0500

With print prices off his thing ranging from $19.95 to $395 nothing is being
said.  What would $19.95 buy? Its meaningless. Its just a nod to the
internet way of photo commerce in which everything is a dime a dozen. A
person who grew up with the galleries before the internet as he did knows
that a photographers first show his prints go for a least a couple of
hundred bucks. Now its 20 maybe!?
We take off a decimal point because of what? Volume?!  The internet? Its
nonsense and he should have enough sense to not support the internet lowest
common denominator of demeaning photography by people who are not ever
intending to be serious about it but simply want to justify a hobby
involving huge expenditures.
These kinds of people certainly ruined stock we'd hate to see them ruin the
serious gallery photo art market it may happen with people like this who
should know better seemingly supporting them.
20 dollars a print is what you pay for a wedding blowup from a schlock
wedding photographer. Not anything from somebody resembling an artist
aspiring or otherwise.