Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW January 27
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 17:38:03 -0500

For whatever reason this week was one of contemplation.  There is a park
down the hill from my house that I frequent; the good citizens have funded
a path that goes around a golf course and it is a good walk to visit with
neighbors or just watch the senora's whose husbands have the poor judgement
to play golf.  Nancy creek runs through the park and the first image is of
a riffle that I have looked at for twenty something years, hence Permanence:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/PAW2012A/January27/permanence.jpg.html

Second is a Sycamore tree that has outlasted a stone wall, golf cart
trails, walking paths and the ravages of flooding:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/PAW2012A/January27/Persistance.jpg.html

Last for this week is across from the Sycamore; Atlanta is sitting on the
edge of the Appalachian mountains as well as some very ancient volcanoes.
 Looking at the waves in the water I could also see the layers of granite
from some very long past eruption.  Something to contemplate when buffeted
by contemporary to and fro.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/PAW2012A/January27/waves+past+and+present.jpg.html

Stand and be counted, but stand as the willow or bamboo: give with the
vagaries of wind and storm but come back to your principles when the storm
passes.

--
Don
don.dory at gmail.com