Subject: [Leica] Pie R Smashed
From: cedric.agie at gmail.com (Cedric Agie)
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 21:18:25 +0100

Lousy cook but good pictures.

For the fungus you suspect the following trick;
1?    take the lens off the camera!
2?    put the lens, without lens cap, in full sunlight for a day or
so. Suspected surface first towards the sun and lens wide open.

If its's fungus UV light will kill it. Fungus can keep hidden on a
surface or between two or more cemented lens elements for years.
Some can even letterally eat their way through the cement or glassurfaces.

Never, never keep your cameras and lenses too long in humid conditions
or in a darkroom. Acid vapors can attack  the surface(s) of a lens.

Good luck.

Cedric Agie

cedric.agie at gmail.com