Subject: [Leica] IMG: Purisima Creek - First Visit
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 09:27:52 -0800

Yesterday I went to Purisima Creek Open Space Preserve here in San Mateo
County. I'd never been before and was absolutely blown away. It was an
overcast day so no sun peeking through with hot spots. It is literally a
redwood forest: not a grove, but a huge forest.
The creek was flowing from recent wet weather. It was very difficult to see
anything photographically as there was just SOOO much. I only made it 1
mile into a 4 mile (one way) hike. It took me about 4 hours to get that far
as I was constantly shooting, climbing and walking 50 feet to repeat.
I'll have to go back; what a treasure!

One image that shows the number of ferns and redwoods here:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rgacpa_HI/20130202-Purisima-Panorama1.jpg.html

Best,
Bob

PS: Just to mix in another image, Mr. Carter inspired me for this one:
http://www.rgaphoto.com/fleur/content/L1003842-Edit_MASTER_large.html

--
Bob Adler

Replies: Reply from leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans) ([Leica] [LRflex] IMG: Purisima Creek - First Visit)