Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 5: cycling, wine and señoritas
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 08:37:36 -0800

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Ric Carter <ricc at embarqmail.com> ASKED:

>> you are clearly the man to answer this question:
>>
>> Where do you keep your camera when you are eating a meal?<<<<<<<<<

A man of great experience Sonny Carter RESPONDED:
>>Since I live in a territory where eating is a community project, what I do
is hang the strap on my leg so I can reach it and get the camera up for a
shot.

This keeps the red gravy, garlic butter and such from splashing the
lens.<<<<<<<<

ABSOLUTELY! Often I've seen photographers hang their cameras on the back
post of their chair. "A PERFECT LOCATION FOR STEALING!"  Certainly when
their attention is focused on feeding themselves!"  POOF! Camera is gone
until they're ready to get up! :-)Never on the table unless it's a "STACKING
EVENT!"

As soon as you're seated comfortably the neck strap is hung over the upper
part of your leg........ "LENS FACING INTO YOUR LEG ON THE INSIDE!"  It's
called some kind of protection?

If you have more than one camera they're hung on both legs in this fashion!
"NEVER PUT THEM ON THE FLOOR!"   Common sense answers that one!

When they hang on your leg, dinner is over and you're about to get up the
weight of the camera on your leg reminds you where it is. You retrieve it,
hang on shoulder or neck and move on.

In this "on the leg fashion" as Sonny points out! You will always have it in
safe keeping and for instant retrieval if required!

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 5: cycling, wine and señoritas)
Message from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 5: cycling, wine and señoritas)