Subject: [Leica] M9 & 64gb SD problem
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 06:16:16 -0500

There's also the thing of after you load your card contents into your hard
disk you hit the format button in your camera to format that card and you do
that every time as a matter of workflo.

Checking my main source which is B&H which is nice for me because of their
well organized website and I can walk there and they tend to have everything
I notice they have 4 SD cards now
121 SDHC cards and
26 SDXC, the new thing since 2009

X would seem to stand for extra large as they go into the Terabits while the
older HC's did not.
The smallest  SDXC card is 64 gigs but there area plenty of 128 GB versions
and one 256 for 400 bucks.

I just moved up to 16 mg cards and it tends to work out for me with my
Nikons that I change the battery when I load the card into my hard disk.
Rarely do I get in trouble with this workflo. But a 16 gb card I never come
near to filling up.

My card reader is a firewire one for some reason my MacBook laptop has given
me trouble with regular UBS's on that account.

I thought I'd read you wrote you had formatted your disk not in your camera.