Subject: [Leica] IMG: another new casual portrait
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 09:08:54 -0800

Geoff Hopkinson SHOWED:
" <hopsternew at gmail.com>
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 11:05 PM

> I'm still developing and editing from my last workshop. I'm very happy to
> be backlogged due to shooting more. Today I got to shoot at home with a
> family friend and tried out some new stuff here.
> At the end of the shoot one more friend arrived and I got 15 minutes
> before
> she leaves town. Here is a preview from that last set.
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/148646672
>
> M9 APO Summicron-M 75 ASPH and studio strobe with beauty dish <<<<<<

Hi Geoff,
Beautiful and gentle soft lighting! And even though the models seem to be
face & body almost straight to camera your style of lighting as soft and
gentle as it is.  There is a dominance of "shooting from the shadow side!"

Very subtle and well balanced, but it does add to the over all features
simply because they are shot or lit for a shadow side angle? Obviously you
are setting the lights for this gentle shadow-side light effect? Or lighting
well and it come out with the slight "shadow side soft gentle lighting
effect?" It certainly works with no "harsh black deep shadows."

Is this the case?

cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] IMG: another new casual portrait)