Subject: [Leica] interesting new Panasonic sensor technology
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw)
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 16:10:25 -0800

Doug:

Matsushita (aka Panasonic etal) always hangs in there on development,
despite fierce competition even thought Samsung is eating their ( and Sharp
and Sony's) lunch on big screen TV.

Recently we bought another Panasonic Plasma (50" without 3D - don't really
care about 3D) because the one it replaced had that painterly look when we
play dvds - vanilla or Blu-Ray.  The new one actually has a still better
color rendition and plays well with both Roku and Apple TV.

I hope this makes them some money.  Certainly interesting technology.
Reminds me of current fiber optic multiplexing using color to create
discrete communication channels on a single fiber, 256 at  time?

And we could all use better low-light performance on our digicams, yes?

Glad you got your baby back.  Looking forward to a new series of avian
excellence.

Cheers, Bob

Bob Shaw
rsphotoimages at comcast.net