Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nueva Frontera
From: cedric.agie at gmail.com (Cedric Agie)
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 18:51:47 +0100

Correct but it  stil is a good picture.
On the other hand one can see you can handle 400 ASA B&W exposed in
full daylight if not only devellop it. I suppose it was some sort of
Trix-X?
I'm really fond of this film. But not eveyone can expose and devellop
it as required to obtain max results.
On the other hand modern films be it B&W or color have a much better
behaviuor (grain, exposure lattitude and contrast) than 10 or 20 years
ago.
Without snobbery I have always preferred Tri-X or color films made in
Rochester, others where often too grainy if not "foggy".

But as you know all productions in Rochester have been stopped. So I
switched to Ilford.
Never use Microdol-X because of important loss of speed and its recipe
is unknown. I always use D-76 (ID-11) i.e. home made soup with a
recipe according to the Kodak books. Or Rodinal 1+100. I think I
recently discovered its recipe and will try preparing it if I find all
its products.

I got myself a M-9 wich is of course a wonderfull machine, not only in
color but also in B&W.
But for B&W I really prefer B&W neg film and enjoy developping them.

Kind regards

Cedric